Cape Town will be transformed into a creative village during Loeries Creative Week 2013.
The City of Cape Town this week hosts the annual celebration of creativity, innovation and culture during the fourth edition of Creative Week Cape Town.
The week-long event until 22 September 2013, crowd-sourced by Capetonians and co-ordinated by Creative Cape Town, culminates in the prestigious Loerie Awards – the 35th annual showcase of the region’s best in brand communication, over the weekend of 21 – 22 September 2013.
This year’s event will see the city being transformed into a creative village, with activities planned for public spaces across the central city precinct, including the historic City Hall, the V&A Waterfront and Long Street.
The event gives local designers and creatives a platform, and visitors and explorers an exciting window into Cape Town’s unique culture.
“Creative Week Cape Town offers locals the opportunity to showcase their creative talent as Cape Town prepares to be the World Design Capital 2014. We welcome visitors from across the country and the world to Cape Town over the seven days to experience our culture through street art and design, film, outdoor exhibitions, demonstrations, and a series of public space activations,” said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Tourism, Events and Marketing, Councillor Grant Pascoe.
To make it easier for those attending Creative Week 2013, events have been broken down into the following seven categories:
• The Loeries: events which form part of the annual showcase of the region’s best in brand communication
• Learn: public lectures, demonstrations, presentations and launches
• See: all visual arts-related events, film screenings, street art interventions and pop-up exhibitions
• Hear: music, theatre and performance events
• Do: events that require active participation
• Move: walking tours or cycling routes
• Play: events that defy conventional categorisation.