The Banality of Evil in our Daily Lives art competition is an open call for artists to communicate what they see as the banality of evil in our daily lives. It poses a challenge to communicate that which has never been communicated before and create a platform for groundbreaking ideas to be brought into our collectivity.
We can all become victims of thoughtlessness in our daily lives.
Artists the world over are invited to submit work that will use art as the language to communicate their hopes in creating a new vision for the world.
The competition aims to provide inspiration and solutions that address the most important crisis that faces humanity today: the loss of our humanity.
Banality of Evil in our Daily Lives – Call for Entry
The Banality of Evil in our Daily Lives is a unique art competition that will have a strong emphasis on public engagement.
Works can be entered in the categories of
- Painting & drawing,
- Photography & Digital Art ,
- Sculpture and
- Performance art.
The public will be invited to moderate the selection of the first 40 art works by liking and sharing the messages presented on the BOE in our Daily Lives social media platforms.
From these 40 artworks the final contestants in each category will be nominated by the elected Jury members. Finalists are to receive a cash prize of US$2000 and will be invited to exhibit their work at an exhibition in Berlin Germany in May 2020.
• Artists whose work has been selected to be part of the competition, will receive a “Certificate” for participation in the artist call
• All selected artists it will gain exposure on BOE social media platforms, i.e Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with targeted international campaigns
• The top 10 artworks in each of the 4 categories which receive most public votes will proceed to the jury voting round and all 40 works will be exhibited at the final exhibition in Berlin, Germany.
• The top 40 artists will also have their work published in a book that will document the project.
• Only the winners (4) of each category will be invited to Germany to be a part of the exhibition to receive the art award.
The opening date for entries is the 1st of November 2019
Please visit the BOE website for more information and to register